- Article 1 This Statute is made in order to enhance managing the business hygiene and protect the public health of the Taipei City (hereinafter referred to as the “the City”).
- Article 2 The governing office is the Department of Health, Taipei City Government (hereinafter referred to as the “DOH”)
- Article 3 The self-governing regulations hereto define the business categories as follows: 1.“Hotel Business” refers to the hotel and the touring accommodation related businesses 2.“Beauty and Hair Business” refer to the business operated in a specific place relating to hair-cut, hair beauty, and facial makeup. 3.“Bathing Business” refers to businesses relating to bathing, sauna, bathing pool, hot-spring pool, jacuzzi or other specific places where provide businesses relating to showering and bathing. 4.“Entertaining Business” refers to businesses relating to KTV, cabaret, dancing hall, ballroom or other specific places where provide businesses relating to audiovisual, singing, dancing and entertaining. 5.“Swimming Business” refers to businesses relating to swimming pool or other specific places provide swimming and water park. 6.“Cinema and Film” Business refer to businesses relating to the sale of tickets for cinema screening. 7.Other businesses which had been publicly announced by the DOH.
- Article 4 Business owner ought to assign Hygiene Managing Staff to a specific personnel who is specifically responsible for the hygiene management and direct staffs to manage hygiene-related work. The aforementioned hygiene managing staff shall be quilified and obtain the Certificate after being trained by the DOH or its authorized training organization so as to take the responsibility. Such managing staff is not allowed to be responsible for 2 and above hygiene management work at the same time.
- Article 5 The business premises shall implement effective sterilization procedures according to the method officially announced by central health administration or the DOH.
- Article 6 The business premises shall be operated in compliance with the following rules: 1.set up a vector control facilities and maintain operating function 2.pets shall be fastened or controlled in cage properly 3.The cooling tower equipment of the central air conditioner shall be cleaned and sterilized at least every six month. 4.Indoor ventilation must be maintained. The carbon dioxide density in the air shall be controlled in accordance with the Indoor Air Quality Management regulations so as to be compliant with the Standard announced by the central administrations. 5.Equip the simple trauma medicine and material in validity period. 6.Staffs shall wear clean and tidy working clothes 7.The Bathing Business premises shall install an SOS equipment 8.The environment must be maintained clean and tidy 9.The hygiene relating signs whose contents must be announced by the DOH.posters shall be posted on the prominent areas.
- Article 7 Toilets of the business premises must be cleaned, sterilized and deodorant from time to time and the facilities must meet the following rules: 1.shall adopt flush toilet 2.the floor, sink and the wall shall adopt water-proof , anti-dirt and anti-slip materials 3.Install hand washing equipment and provide detergent, paper towel or hairdryer. 4.The trash-can must be equipped with the lid and keep clean all the time.
- Article 8 Owner of the business premises shall hire workers in accordance with the following rules: 1.Staffs are required to pass the health examination in prior to work, and take the annual health examination periodically. 2.Staffs shall attend the hygiene workshop held by the DOH or its authorized organization. The aforementioned sub-paragraph 1, items of the health examination shall be announced by the DOH.
- Article 9 The DOH shall conduct audit or random inspection upon the business premises from time to time. The owner and staffs are not allowed to avoid, hinder or refuse such audit or inspection. The aforementioned audit or inspection results will be announced by the DOH at a proper time.
- Article 10 Customers provided with the following supplies shall be cleaned and sterilized after use: 1.Washroom products, towels, bathing towels, slippers 2.Quilt, bed sheet, bed cover and pillow-cover etc. which will be in physical contact with customers. 3.Hair-cut, hair beauty and beauty-related material. Scarf or headrest which will be in physical contact with customers must be covered with soft paper on the contacting portions. 4.Microphone 5.Other items that had been announced by the DOH. Products such as disposable toothbrush, razors and slippers etc. shall be prevented from re-use.
- Article 11 Staffs of the business premises shall pay attention to the safety of customers and shall assist the hospitalization in case of emergencies of sickness and injuries.
- Article 12 Owner or Staffs of the business premises shall caution to stop those consumers from spitting, waste disposing or any other behavior that might cause pollution or hinder over the public health.
- Article 13 Staffs of Beauty and Hair Business shall abide the following rules: 1.Keep hands clean and wash hands before & after work 2.Wear mask when shaving or doing a facial. 3.When consumers are being discovered with contagious skin disease, staffs shall either dispose or fully sterilize the products that are exposed to.
- Article 14 The business premises of hair and beauty salon shall be equipped with the following facilities in addition to chairs: 1.Flow wash-stand 2.Drainage 3.Sterilization equipment for appliance and tools 4.Containers with lid for putting hairs
- Article 15 In addition to the Hot Spring Business, water quality of the Bathing Business and Swimming Pool Business shall be used in compliance with the following rules: 1.Clean, colorless and odorless and shall not contain froth and moss algae. 2.The business owner shall voluntarily sample the bathing water or swimming pool water for inspection every month. Microbiological results and the inspecting institution to which delivered shall be compliant with the regulations announced by the DOH. 3.The bathing pool or swimming pool which adopts sterilizing by means of chlorination shall be equipped with water PH and chlorine testing devices. The testing such as water PH and free available chlorine residual shall be conducted at least 4 times per day during open hours. Whereas, the Swimming Pool Business owners shall, during summer time conduct the above mentioned testing once in every 2 hours. 4.The aforementioned water PH and chlorine testing or other similar substance contained shall be compliant with the regulations announced by the DOH. 5.The bathing pool or swimming pool without sterilization by means of chlorination, an approval is required by the DOH in advance. 6.The bathing pool or swimming pool is not allowed to pour the contaminated water or industrial waste water in. 7.The pool water must be changed at least once every day and the pool must be brushed and cleaned thoroughly from inside to outside of the pool during water change. The aforementioned sub-paragraph 2 and 3, the testing results must be publicly announced by posting on the prominent areas and to be kept for a year for checking by the DOH.
- Article 16 The hot spring pool shall be operated in compliance with the following rules: During open hours, the pool water shall keep overflowing and the edge of pool shall be higher than the floor of the bathing area. 1.The business owner shall sample the hot spring water for inspection every month. The water quality and the inspecting institution must comply with the regulations announced by the DOH. The aforementioned sub-paragraph 2, the testing results must be publicly announced by posting on the prominent areas and to be kept for a year for review by the DOH.
- Article 17 The facilities of the Bathing and Swimming Business premises shall be set up to comply with the following rules: 1.The dressing area and bathing area shall be separated according to different genders and shall be kept clean all the time. 2.The bathing area shall be equipped with showering and washing equipment. 3.The floors in the bathing area and the sink shall adopt the materials easy for cleaning, anti-slip and the ground drain should keep in good function. 4.Shall set an emergency response procedure when the water is contaminated.
- Article 18 In the event that consumers have the following behaviors, the staffs of the Bathing and Swimming Business premises shall call consumers' attention to avoid the following: 1.Excessive drinking causing obvious drunk 2.Suffer from eye infection and skin disease 3.Entering the pool without makeup without removal and showering in prior. 4.Carrying pet into the pool 5.Other misbehavior that had been announced by the DOH which are not allowed to enter the pool
- Article 19 The Swimming Business premises shall file a notification with the DOH 10 days earlier before the pool opens and closes every year.
- Article 20 When the business owner violates the regulations per Article 4 and the sub-paragraph 1 of Article 8 will be fined NTD 3,000 up to NTD 15,000 when no improvement is made after being notified.
- Article 21 Violation of regulations per Article 6, Article 7, Article 10, Article 14, Article 15: sub-paragraph 1 of paragraph 1, sub-paragraph 3 through sub-paragraph 5, sub-paragraph 7 and paragraph 2; Article 16: sub-paragraph 1 of paragraph 1 and paragraph 2; Article 17 and Article 19 will be fined NTD4,000 up to NTD20,000 when no improvement is made after being notified.
- Article 22 Avoidance, hinder or refusal to the audit or inspection per paragraph 1 of Article 9, the business owner will be fined NTD5,000 up to NT25,000 in the event that there is no improvement made within the notification valid period after being notified.
- Article 23 Violation of the regulations per Article 13 will be fined NTD1,000 up to NTD5,000 when no improvement is made after being notified.
- Article 24 Violation of the regulations per sub-paragraph 2, and 6 of paragraph 1 of Article 15, sub-paragraph 2 of paragraph 1 of Article 6 will be fined NTD2,000 up to NTD10,000 for each time of violation when no improvement is made after being notified.
- Article 25 Violation of Article 18 will be fined NTD1,000 up to NTD5,000.
- Article 26 The self-governing regulations will become enforceable on the date of promulgation.
July 30, 2013, Taipei.gov. Ref. No. (102) Fu-Fa-Zong No. 10232305300_revised